Great divorce quotes for her can help women get through the divorce process. Friends and family members can also use inspiring and relatable divorce quotes from author Michele Meleen as something to say to a woman who is going through a divorce.
Inspirational Quotes for Women Going Through Divorce
- "Divorced" doesn't have to be part of your definition. The beauty of life is you get to make up your own definition of who you are, and since it's the original definition, everyone else has to use it.
- Getting divorced doesn't mean you failed at marriage, it means you as a team failed at that marriage.
- Like death, divorce brings tears and regret, but also great memories and the promise of a new life.
- In marriage, your life becomes muddled with another. In divorce, you get to just be you.
- Divorce can be a freeing experience if you remove the chains you placed on yourself to stay married.
- A divorce isn't the end of your marriage story, it's the chapter where you overcome all odds to discover what marriage truly is.
- There's a reason fairy tales are fiction; happily every after isn't reality for every couple.
Strong Woman Divorce Quotes
Finding inner strength throughout the divorce process is your biggest coping tool. Whether you're telling people about your divorce or reassuring yourself, focus on the strength it took for you to leave or to move on.
- Filing for divorce means you had more strength than the many women who stay in a lie because leaving it is harder.
- A strong woman uses the divorce process to reconnect with the best version of herself.
- A divorce is just a legal breakup, nothing less and nothing more.
- Divorce doesn't involve quitting or giving up, it's refusing to play the game when you know your opponent is cheating.
- It takes strength beyond what most can muster to leave a marriage, no matter the grounds.
- Divorce isn't a sign of weakness or defeat, it's a sign of finding the inner strength to do something that feels impossible.
- Allow your divorce to empower you to be the woman you couldn't be in your marriage.
Words of Encouragement for a Divorced Woman
If you want to help a girlfriend get through her divorce, words of encouragement can help her feel strong and confident.
- Think of your divorce as a gift of happiness to yourself.
- You survived that marriage, so there's no doubt you will survive the divorce.
- Women are known caretakers and the time after a divorce is devoted to taking care of yourself.
- The tears, anger, and fear that come with a divorce cannot ever retreat once they've left your body.
- Divorce is not easy and it will change you, but who says that change won't be for the better?
- To anyone who says, "What man will want a divorced woman?" you can say, "A man who deserves me."
Divorce Quotes About Starting Over for Women
Many women feel like they are starting their lives over after a divorce. Finding a divorce support group for women can help you make this tough transition.
- You didn't hesitate to pay thousands for a ring or a party. Soon those divorce costs will be a distant memory too.
- Getting divorce doesn't mean you have to start over, it means you get to start again.
- Divorce could be the door you've been waiting to open with all your new hopes and dreams on the other side.
- One great thing about divorce is that you can leave the ugly parts of yourself in your old marriage and only carry your beauty on to the next.
- Starting over after a divorce doesn't have to be a bad thing. You can build the life you've been dreaming of.
- Forget starting over! Consider your divorce the point from which you continued your life on your terms.
Funny Divorce Quotes for Her
One way some women deal with divorce grief is through humor. Even though this might be a sad or scary time, it's okay to have a little fun and get a laugh out of it.
- Divorce isn't as taboo as it once was. Most people today are too busy judging the world to even think about your divorce.
- Divorce isn't the worst thing that could happen to you. You could still be married to him.
- Being labeled a divorced woman just lets all the guys who want to date you know that you're not willing to put up with their crap.
- Like a great pair of heels, divorce is uncomfortable and expensive, but the confidence you gain is worth it.
- Take a moment to be sad or angry about your divorce, then spend the rest of your life celebrating it.
- If you can't live with him and you can't kill him, divorce is the only acceptable option.
Famous Divorce Quotes for Women
Loads of famous women have gone through one or more divorces. Let the words of your favorite divorced celebrities help you heal.
- "Heartbreak is a loss. Divorce is a piece of paper," says author Taylor Jenkins Reid in The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo.
- In Blue-Eyed Devil by Lisa Kleypas, Haven Travis says, "'No, the divorce was great,' I said. 'It was the marriage that sucked,'" when asked about her divorce.
- Actress Sharon Stone shared her perspective on divorce in an interview saying, "Divorce is hard and painful and complicated, and something you have to grow through."
- In 2016, Actress Kaley Cuoco was asked about her divorce and said, "I wouldn't call it a mistake, it just is what happened in my life and so I'm excited to see what the future holds."
- In a 2015 interview, Khloe Kardashian admitted, "I definitely miss it [the relationship with ex-husband Lamar], and there's times I'll get so sentimental and so sad, but this had to happen for some reason."
Words to Divorce By
Whether you chose to get divorced or your partner wanted it, a divorce is a tough process to go through for any woman. Read encouraging divorce quotes and books about divorce to help you move through every stage of the divorce process with grace. These little reminders can give you confidence and hope as you experience difficult emotions.