If you're divorced, you may want to connect with someone who has been through it as well. A dating website or app that caters to divorced individuals can help you find a better partner who understands your experience.
Divorced Dating Sites and Apps to Try
The well-known, biggest online dating websites, like Match, often have specific sections or groups for divorced daters. However, the large pool of people means you may have to jump through a few more hoops to find the right person. When you're looking for others who have experienced a divorce, sign up with an online dating website or app that specializes in dating post-divorce.
Just Divorced Singles Site
Find someone new on Just Divorced Singles. Free membership allows you to not only fill out a main profile with photo but send "winks" to others as well. Paid membership allows you to send/receive messages, chat, create a dating diary, add more pictures, and see who has viewed your profile, although you must create an account to see membership levels and cost. Benefits include:
- Just Divorced Singles offers account authentication through Online Dating Protector to help weed out fake profiles and scams, so you can feel better about who you meet on the website.
- There's also a blog full of helpful dating advice for users, too.
- Take it on-the-go with their mobile options so you can browse matches and read messages no matter where you go.
The simple sign-up is a main benefit of DivorcedPeopleMeet. You're guided through several questions about who you're looking to meet, your location, your age, and then are signed in and ready to browse. Benefits include:
- Upload a photo (even using one from Facebook), add profile, and add a greeting
- Helpful suggestions for what to write in your dating profile.
- See photos and various interests the user filled out
Paid subscription options include additional match options, chat and email features, and ability to see who expressed an interest in your profile. Basic users can see profiles and send "flirts", but to get more, you'll need to have a paid membership. Levels start at around $7 and go up from there.
Divorced Chat App
Divorced Chat is for iPhone users who want a lot of benefits without a paid subscription, which is likely its main draw for daters. It caters to both individuals who have been through a divorce and single parents who are ready to date again. Those who left reviews note they enjoyed it. Free features beyond setting up your profile include:
- Facebook connection
- Ability to see nearby users/locate others using GPS if they opted to use that feature
- Messaging options, including private chats and images
Paid subscription features include viewing who has seen your profile and privacy modes. Subscriptions start at around $8 for a week and go up from there. Unfortunately, the service is auto-renewing so be sure to change your settings in the app if you do not wish to get automatically charged.
Dating Apps for Divorced Parents
Parents who have been through a divorce may have different challenges and concerns when it comes to online dating. Look for a dating site for divorced single parents that can cater directly to your experience.
Single and Divorced Dating
Single and Divorced Dating is free for both divorced and single parents and is rated almost 4.5 out of 5 stars by Apple users. Included in the basic download are:
- Free profile set-up, including photo
- Search functions and chat rooms
- Limited messaging per day
- Push notifications for messages
For a one-time fee of about $8, you can become a member and access more features like unlimited messages, creating favorites lists, blocking, profile match setting options, and removal of ads, among others. App reviewers note how the app is easy to use with few glitches and that matches have been made to their accounts, but it can be hard to figure out where people are located or weed through faux accounts.
Encore - Single Parents & Divorced Dating & Chat has over 6,000 downloads on Google Play. The Android-based app caters to individuals who are single, widowed, and separated, as well as parents who are divorced. Not only can you fill out a profile and chat with other users, but you can also upload video clips to your profile as well as utilize their Flash Chat system to send others messages that auto-delete after a certain time period has passed. You should also note:
- Purchase options (starting around $2), like paying to see who has viewed your profile, are available for more features.
- The company does appear to take reviews seriously as they respond to many user reviews, which is a plus for those who want an app whose developers care about their users.
- Reviews from users are mixed, as they note that while free features seem to be good, the app can be slow sometimes and the site does have fake accounts and bots.
Advice for Online Dating After Divorce
When you're dating online after a divorce, it helps to keep some basic dos and don'ts of online dating in mind. All websites and apps are prone to bot or fake accounts that will try to scam you for your information, so be careful what you reveal to anyone over the sites and apps, especially about your location, children, and finances. When you do agree to meet someone, practice safe dating.